Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Nation's Capital

Alright, last weekend I headed down to Washington D.C. for a couple days of CrossFit and sight-seeing. Started off the weekend, on Saturday morning with the Open WOD 11.3 at Capital CrossFit. The trainers there were good guys, and they were very encouraging during the wod, which pushed me to a better score than my first attempt. Spent the rest of Saturday seeing part of downtown D.C. and eating as much as possible. The food there is awesome.
Sunday, got up and hit another wod in the hotel parking lot. Me and my trainer Dave did 5 rnds for time: 500m run, 30 double unders, 25 hand release pushups. This took me a long time to complete, because of the double unders. I finished right around 26 minutes. It was a great way to get things going on Sunday morning. We had come down to D.C. with two other friends from our affiliate who were at their level one cert all weekend. Had a great time at Capital, eating all the food we could and doing some wods also.

(this is the WWII Memorial and it's amazing)

(this is The Vietnam War Memorial)

No comments:

Post a Comment