Thursday, April 14, 2011

Muscle Ups are a bitch

On my first attempt at Open WOD 11.4, I got 90 reps. I was able to complete all the bar-facing burpees, and all the overhead squats. I had about a minute and a half left to chip away at the muscle ups... the only problem; I had yet to get my first muscle up ever. As I said, I finished with a score of 90 and wasn't able to get my first muscle up during that workout.
With the blatant inability to complete this movement, even once, I had a deep burning to get my first muscle up as soon as possible. This WOD is going to be in my face for the next few days, and of course I'm going to see muscle ups again in the future.
I conferred with my trainer, who told me to get down to the box, just to work on muscle ups. So I headed over, walked in and when I saw Dave, he stated, "you're getting your first muscle up today" and that's all he said as I began messing around with my false-grip.

regular grip (on left) / false grip (on right)
I messed around with my grip, and some progressions for about 20 minutes. Here's the outcome:



Now, with this accomplishment I will redo the Open WOD 11.4 before I head to Columbus this weekend for my Level One Cert. I'll follow up after this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment