Friday, February 25, 2011

Hope

Over the last week, a lot has happened for me, relating to CrossFit.
I went to my first CrossFit competition, at HyperFit USA. One of the trainers from CrossFit CLE competed and took 9th overall. It was a different side of CrossFit that I hadn't seen before, the structured competition and the multiple WODs in a short time span. There's a lot of strategy that goes into this as you can imagine. What and when to eat, stretching, resting, when to go balls out, when to hold back slightly during a wod to then capitalize in another wod....
Hyperfit has a fine facility, it's huge and well organized.


I have done several benchmark WODs within the last week, those have all been learning experiences.
Some side thoughts: I'm looking at getting some Olympic Lifting shoes, also thinking about going to a Level One Cert here in Ohio this year... more on that later.

I have started eating more fruits, more vegtables, less sodium, less processed foods, less foods with ingredients that I cannot pronounce. I'm keeping my coffee and my occasional junk foods but I already notice that I feel better. I also began stretching every morning, which may be contributing to my overall well being, could be the food, could be the combination of them both.
Here's a picture I took at school the other day, it felt hopeful. The sun was out and the weather was spring-like for that fleeting day. (Today's weather is 29`F, wind is 35mph, theres a winter storm warning, we have a couple inches of accumulation already) I hope the gym is open and accessible for the noon WOD today.

No comments:

Post a Comment