Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Quick WOD in the cold

Alright, 36 degrees out yesterday when I decided to fit in a quick home-WOD. I did invisible Fran which is 21-15-9 of: air squats and pushups. I took that short travel WOD, and added a mile run to it for some additional work on my running. I finished with an overall time of 9:34. When I finished the invisible Fran, I glanced at my watch as I started the run and it was 1:52 so I finished the run in 7:42. That run time is terrible. I feel like I need to do better and I can. My lungs are my limiting factor, I have the legs to run faster and longer but certainly not the lungs.
I'm going to do some research later about training in cold weather. I thought that it would help me, like training in elevation. However, as I've been continually sick this winter - I'm starting to wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment