Monday, January 3, 2011

January already

Again, just haven't posted lately for various reasons. Here's the WOD from Christmas Eve, and it was a doozie...
WOD: "CLE's 12 Gifts of Christmas"

1 Squat Clean (95/65)
2 Thruster (95/65)
3 Front squat (95/65)
4 Power Clean (95/65)
5 Lateral Burpees
6 Box Jumps (24/18)
7 Air Squats
8 Wall ball (20/14)
9 Pull-ups
10 Kettlebell Swings (55/35)
11 Hand Release Push-ups
12 Squat Snatch (95/65) (I OHS the 12 reps @ 95lbs)

This was inspired by the Christmas song and many other Crossfit affiliates ... "On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me ..."
Start with 1 squat clean. Then proceed with 2 thrusters, 1 squat clean. Then do 3 front squats, 2 thrusters, 1 squat clean. Continue with this pattern through all exercises --  ending with 12 squat snatches, 11 hand release push-ups, 10 kettlebell swings, 9 pull-ups, 8 freakin' wall balls, 7 "who knew air squats could be this hard?", 6 box jumps, 5 "are you kidding me?!" lateral burpees, 4  power cleans, 3 "is this over yet?!" front squats, 2 thrusters, and 1 FINAL, PERFECTLY EXECUTED SQUAT CLEAN!

I had to overhead squat instead of the squat snatches, at this point in the workout I was in bad shape and was striving to finish without puking. My final time was 34:17. This WOD was the first time I'd used a 2-pood kettle bell. Both my snatch, and my kb swings will benefit from me practicing on opening up my hips to full extension.
After this WOD, I stopped at Chipotle on my way home and had a DELICIOUS burrito bowl.
(Rice, black beans, steak and chicken-double meat, not half and half, then corn salsa, cheese and lettuce with watered down lemonade to drink)

No comments:

Post a Comment