Monday, January 3, 2011

Alpacas; more than just bystanders, they're also moral supporters

(THAT'S the face of moral support right there!)
Last week, I spent some time with family at an Alpaca farm. While there, my brother and I managed to program and complete a WOD.

WOD:
for time-
20 HSPU (feet placed on steps for assistance)
run to the lake with a log
20 OHS with  log
run back to house without log
20 box jumps (used steps in place of boxes)
run back to lake
20 log swings (like kettlebell or dumbell swings)
run back to house with log
20 burpees

My time for this was 14:04 and my brother finished just behind me. It was a tough one on the legs, the run from the lake to the house was uphill. Each leg of the run was just over a quarter-mile. It was a lot of fun, a couple cousins, and my sister-in-law joined us. The cold air was a bitch to deal with when running, but thats why we train - to be better equipped for anything thrown our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment